First thoughts on Elevate 22
Took my new Elevate 22 pack out for a day hike over the weekend and I like it so much better than the Daybreak 17. The Elevate feels more like a technical day pack and has a lot of awesome features, but there are a few things I wish it had and would love to see on future iterations of the product.
What I like:
- Size, 22L is perfect for most day hikes and I also used it as a crag pack for cragging and bouldering
- Nice big side pockets that fir a nalgene bottle, snack bags, and sunscreen well, love how big these pockets are
- Roll top closure, just makes it easy and I'm already used to it from all of my overnight Hyperlite packs
- Water bladder tube hole, this was a huge upgrade from the Daybreak which did not have a way to carry a water bladder
What I'd like to see upgraded:
- Water bladder pouch to keep it in place, it seemed weird to have a bladder hole but then no mesh to hold a bladder in place which made it hard when taking things in and out of the pack
- Hip belt pocket, this is really needed, I love having at least one hip pocket to keep my phone in for easy access and lip balm, this was a huge miss for me that this pack does not have one
- The outside front pocket is really small and I'm not sure what to put in it... it is too small to fit most jackets, so just a little confused on what to use it for
Overall, a really great addition to my Hyperlite pack collection! But please add a hip belt pocket!