WHO WE SKI WITH: CODY TOWNSEND

Options
MARK SIREK
MARK SIREK Administrator Posts: 301
edited June 2023 in THE GEAR LAB

WHO ARE YOU?

Cody Townsend

WHAT DO YOU DO?

I’m a skier. It’s my job and my lifelong passion. 

WHAT DO YOU DO OUTSIDE AND FOR HOW LONG AND WHERE?

My primary motivation for being outside is skiing and I ski from the moment there is enough snow in Tahoe until usually June. I pretty much ski eight months of the year. But when there isn’t snow, I find plenty of other ways to go have fun outside. Usually that is with trail running, biking, climbing, surfing, and sometimes a few holes of golf with close friends.

WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH US AND OUR GEAR?

At first, I was an avid and average consumer of Hyperlite. I bought my first HMG Porter in 2015 and fell in love with the brand then. Since then, I’ve become an athlete, product developer and product tester with HMG. Lately I’ve been involved with helping HMG tweak and build products for snowy environments and for snow sliding activities. 

WHAT THREE ITEMS FROM US ARE YOU MOST OFTEN USING AND WHY?

The Headwall 55, UltaMid 4 and Stuff Sacks are pretty much my most used HMG products. The pack is a daily driver, I probably sleep in the snow 90% of the time in the UltaMid and I couldn’t live without stuff sacks keeping my pack from turning into a complete junk show.

ANY PARTING WORDS?

Getting outdoors is scientifically proven to make humans happier, healthier, and live longer. So, what are you waiting for?

Cody Townsend is a professional skier driven by the challenge and beauty of the mountains. For a glimpse of the kinds of adventures that get him out of bed in the morning, do yourself a favor and tuck into his series, "The Fifty Project"