BECOME UNBOUND - An All-New HMG Collection Designed for Distance!

Options
MARK SIREK
MARK SIREK Administrator Posts: 296
edited November 2022 in THE GEAR LAB

Get a load of the all-new UNBOUND Collection! It’s been in the works for years and, like all HMG products, on the backs of trusted testers that have put the whole setup through the paces on some of the biggest trails. Each piece of the kit was designed with consideration of the others to form a system that works together to increase efficiency, comfort, and confidence while decreasing weight, redundancy, and complexity. For Trailhead members, these qualities may be of interest!

Let’s start with the Unbound 40 pack. Nice and light at 30.07oz (size Med.) with 40L of interior volume, it’s built around the idea of being on trail for five to seven months. It’s also built to be loaded in the morning and unloaded at night, with access to everything else you might need in between easily and quickly accessible from the outside. A big, dual-entry outer pocket prevents time-consuming searches, and side and bottom pockets and low-profile daisy chains add more right-within-reach storage options. What’s more, the Unbound 40 features complete seam taping to bolster the incredible performance of Dyneema© Composite Fabrics even further, offering exceptional defense against the elements. 

The Unbound 2P Tent takes time-tested and near-universally agreed upon needs for ultralight, thru hiking shelter across the finish line with a setup that’s roomy, incredibly easy to live with, and more protective than ever. The unparalleled properties of Dyneema Composite Fabrics are once again front and center for weight, durability, and reliability, but you’ll appreciate the 28.1 sq ft interior and 15 sq ft of usable vestibule space just as much. In addition, strategically placed tie-outs expand upon your living quarters and keep the walls away from your head and feet when you’re conked out at the end of long days, and also add strength to the wind-shedding panels for increased quiet and an elegant, crisp pitch. All of this for a scant 23.97 oz makes the Unbound 2P tent even better. 

Rounding out the Unbound Collection is the new, 20-Degree Quilt, adding to our already raved-about 40-degree offering. To bring more toast to your shoulder-season excursions, the 855g 20-Degree Quilt features more of our 1000fp RDS-Certified Grey Goose Down, generously stuffed in 1.5” three-dimensional baffles for premium loft and warmth. Like its sibling, it also houses its feathers in a durable exterior shell made with 7D micro-ripstop nylon for superior air permeability and compression. Carry it in a Side Entry Pod for super compact storage that fits perfectly inside the Unbound 40 pack. 

The whole Unbound Collection works together to form an ultralight, streamlined, and capable kit that’s comfortable to carry and a joy to use day in and day out. 

So, what do you think? Jump into the discussion with all your questions!

Comments

• TenDigitGrid
    TenDigitGrid Member, Moderator Posts: 81
    Options

Epic! Super excited about that tent! Pyramid tents are not the best for happily married couples.

• sashaswashut
    sashaswashut Member Posts: 41
    Options

I’m really excited about these products! Ordered the pack, and can’t wait for adventures with it. I love my 40 degree sleeping bag, so might have to try the 20 degree!!

• quiggleryan
    quiggleryan Member Posts: 45
    Options

I love all the new pieces of gear! I love the design and the colors! Looks like some quality gear!

• Jessicaholly88
    Jessicaholly88 Member Posts: 44
    Options

Absolutely love all of these new releases! The new tent design looks great, I can't wait to be able to test one out!