How to best repair mesh pouch?

skyestoury
skyestoury Member Posts: 36
edited July 2023 in THE GEAR LAB

I absolutely love my Junction 40, it was my first HMG pack and is still my favorite! But, I have a small hole in the front mesh pouch and am worried it will get bigger with time. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix the hole? Or should I just leave it and hope for the best?

I know there are dyneema patch kits, but haven't seen anything for mesh.

I've learned my lesson about using an ice axe with that pack, and now have a Southwest and Prism for when I'm needing to bring my axe with me on alpine climbs.

Answers

• Naomibro
    Naomibro Member Posts: 92

Have you a sewing kit? When home, Suggest mending hole with dental floss.

• Jessicaholly88
    Jessicaholly88 Member Posts: 44

You can get extra strong sewing threads too which you can repair mesh with too.

• Naomibro
    Naomibro Member Posts: 92

7/11

So, I emailed a family member a Maine net-type lobstah fisher person. He said to mend withth fishing line. But it's plastic, I argued. He Main-ish and a stout Red type retorted: " Environment, who cares? Don't use plastic line don't cha know..."

• marinafrench
    marinafrench Member, Administrator Posts: 6

@skyestoury HMG will do repairs as well, so if you'd like to send in your pack to repair the mesh, reach out to Customer Service, and they'll help to sort things out!

• quiggleryan
    quiggleryan Member Posts: 45

I think you could use some fishing line! That is light weight and will hold strong for a long time to come! I have done it a couple times with my packs and I never had an issue! Hope the repair goes well!