How do you keep your white Dyneema bags from looking (too) dirty?

Options
angulife
angulife Member Posts: 5

If you're like me then you love the look of the white gear (I personally love the white Dyneema camera pod) but oh man does it pick up dirt when you're in the outdoors. As much as I love the look of the white gear, I've always avoided them because the black fabrics show less dirt and are easier to spot clean / wipe down.

So that begs the question. If you do own white gear, how do you maintain your white gear and protect it from looking too dirty?

Answers

• MARK SIREK
    MARK SIREK Administrator Posts: 296
    Options
  • tina
    tina Member, Moderator Posts: 56
    edited July 2022
    Options

theres also the pride that comes along with using an outdoor piece outdoors enough that it picks up a trail patina. Think of it like breaking in raw denim or a pair of leather boots. The character is what makes it special and not like anyone else’s :)

• TenDigitGrid
    TenDigitGrid Member, Moderator Posts: 81
    Options

COmpletely agree! I have a black 4400 Southwest and my wife has the white, and I think it looks awesome dirty! I have a MYOG white dyneema camera bag that I made and it is beautifully dirty!

• nirwin
    nirwin Member Posts: 22
    Options

I really don't think you can. My bags are really showing their usage now! 😄

• bugglife
    bugglife Member Posts: 98
    Options
    1. There's no such thing as "too dirty". That patina / trail white is a badge of honor. I especially love comparing the color of my well-worn pack(s) to my friend's newer packs when they break them out.
    2. One of the best features about the white bags is that you can turn them into nighttime illumination when fires aren't allowed - see photo below.