Trail Running Pack Request

Options
skyestoury
skyestoury Member Posts: 36

I love all things Hyperlite and would love to see the HMG designers create an UL trail running pack! I use a BD 15L trail runner for multipitch climbing so that I can stuff my puffy, water, and food inside. I also love having the chest pockets of a trail running pack on climbs to be able to keep my phone and snacks accessible. Would love something like what I have but lighter and made by HMG.

I could see something in a 12-15L made similarly to the summit pack, but with the chest/shoulder straps/pockets of a trail running pack. It would be perfect for both trail runners and climbers!

Please HMG designers, consider something like this in the future! I'd be more than happy to test it out on alpine multipitch climbs :)

Comments

• Jessicaholly88
    Jessicaholly88 Member Posts: 44
    Options

I second this request please please please Hyperlite! I am also a climber and I always prefer climbing in my running pack where possible, it makes it much easier to move and go quicker!

• swbugas
    swbugas Member Posts: 46
    Options

That would be an instant purchase for me. I am 100% happy with the packs HMG has, and live by the Prism and Southwest, but for the shorter jaunts outside of town, it's hard to beat the trail runner tight to the body design. HMG could do it better than anyone!

• woolyFKT
    woolyFKT Member Posts: 3
    Options

Would love to see HMG tackle a trail running pack as well.

In the meanwhile, the Palante Joey is pretty good.

https://www.irunfar.com/palante-packs-joey-review

• Patch96
    Patch96 Member Posts: 25
    Options

This is a great Idea. I have an Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest right now that I use for trail running. It gets the job done okay but isn’t quite what I want. If HMG designed one I’m sure it would be perfect!