Iceland Food

quiggleryan
quiggleryan Member Posts: 45

Hey everyone,

I am going to Iceland in July to backpack! And we are going to be driving around the entire Ring Road! I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations of places to eat in Iceland or something that we should see around the road! Let me know!

Comments

• Jessicaholly88
    Jessicaholly88 Member Posts: 44

You are going to have the best time, me and my boyfriend drove the ring road a few years ago!

The jokulsarlon is just stunning! There are some incredible canyons such as the studlagil basalt canyon and Fjadrargljufur canyon! There's Some amazing hikes like the Landmannalaugar trail and lots of trails in Thorsmork! There is also a beautiful little hotspring in the North called Grettislaug!

• danofosho
    danofosho Member Posts: 7

If you make it to Húsavík in the north where whale watching tours are popular, there's a place called Fish and Chips which serves exactly that and super fresh and pretty cheap from what I remember.

• bergstromra
    bergstromra Member Posts: 20

Here to second the recommendation of fish and chips! My boyfriend and I drove the Ring Road as well and enjoyed some of the freshest fish and chips ever in Iceland. I hope you like candy, too, because there are (or at least were pre-COVID) bulk candy bins at all the gas stations. Some of the best black licorice ever 😋