ANNOUNCING OUR NEW XS TORSO SIZE! SOUTHWESTS FOR ALL!
Here’s some exciting news for Not-So-Long-in-the-Torso Backpackers! We're stoked to offer our best-selling Southwest 40 pack in the new XS fit! With the right size comes increased comfort, better adventuring, and more joy in the backcountry.
The Southwest 40, built with ultralight, durable, and 100% waterproof Dyneema Composite Fabrics, has long been a staple for the efficiency-focused and streamlined explorer. It's got plenty of room for everything you want and need for exceptional getaways without extra weight. Summiting your way to sunset on Friday night. Exploring rad sections of trails when food and shelter zones are easier to reach. And cowboy camping when evening accommodations will be under a million stars. In all but the coldest environments where bulkier clothing and four-season shelters are required, 40L can get you in and out of some great times outside.
Check out our Torso Fit Guide to see where you line up -
Your torso length, not your height, determines your pack size. We recommend the following to determine yours:
1. Tilt your head slightly forward to locate the bony bump at the base of your neck. (This is your 7th cervical (or C7) vertebra).
2. Using a flexible tape measure, have someone measure starting at that spot and running down along the curve of your spine.
3. Place your hands on your hips so you can feel your iliac crest, which serves as the “shelf” of your pelvic girdle. (It’s the first hard thing you feel when you run your fingers down from the sides of your ribcage.) Position your hands so your thumbs are reaching behind you.
4. Have your friend finish measuring at the point where the tape crosses an imaginary line drawn between your thumbs. This distance is your torso length.
• Extra Small (< 15" torso)
• Small (15.0” - 17.0” torso)
• Medium (17.0” - 19.0” torso)
• Large (19.0” - 21.0” torso)
• Tall (21.0”+ torso)
5. If your measurement falls right in between sizes (for example, if you have a 17.0” torso, so you are right on the line between a Small and a Medium), we suggest you choose the larger torso size.
Hit the trails with the perfect fit!