WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE THE TRAILHEAD TO LEAD IN 2023?

MARK SIREK
MARK SIREK Administrator Posts: 293
edited December 2022 in EXPERT ADVICE

Hello, Trailheaders!

In the coming year ahead, we’ve got big plans to bring more and more of the information, inspiration, and motivation you crave to our burgeoning community! Through a variety of mediums, whether it be words, images, or video, we’ll be showcasing the tips and tricks that lead to better backpacking and richer experiences, talking to experts and compelling characters from the adventure set, and of course, diving into more gear! 

Of these sorts of topics, which are most important to you? Let us know and we’ll start planning accordingly! And jump into the comments with other suggestions if you've got them. Thanks for being here!

WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE THE TRAILHEAD TO LEAD IN 2023? 12 votes

Packing Strategies for Different Adventures
0%
Gear Design
16%
TenDigitGridAustinHager 2 votes
Route Planning Methods
8%
victoriarude 1 vote
Interviews with Expert Adventurers
41%
sockedinhikesnirwintradigan21bugglifePatch96 5 votes
Gear Care, Field Repair, and Best Practices
8%
Riff 1 vote
Backcountry Food Planning
16%
marinafrenchdmrumore 2 votes
Leave No Trace and Backcountry Etiquette
8%
PortraitOfAHiker 1 vote
News from the Trail(s)
0%

Comments

• tradigan21
    tradigan21 Member Posts: 28

Fun and personality. Feedback on posts. A shift away from the try-hard FKT bro and his crew out there being actively harmful to the outdoors from the entire industry. I know HMG is very supportive of trail crew/caretakers/etc, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it talked about.

• AustinHager
    AustinHager Member Posts: 34
    Gear Design

It would be great to see interviews/showcases of specific trails throughout the world. For example, highlighting a trail and then having an interview with someone from the organization around the trail and some hikers. It could be a great way to discover new trails and give prospective hikers a means of connecting with the organization and previous hikers!

• bugglife
    bugglife Member Posts: 98

I like the responses from both @tradigan21 and @AustinHager.

Fun, personality, and feedback / responses to posts all feel like they would help this feel like more of a community.

I'm also into behind the scenes stuff that maybe doesn't always get talked about. What stories can backcountry rangers share? Trail builders? Search and rescue? I would be interested to hear about when things went wrong and how people worked through the problem. There's a reason it's called an adventure.